It’s that time of year again! The South Derbyshire affiliation period runs from September to August. If you are not currently affiliated with us, here’s a little more information to what affiliating with us could do for your group or organisation. It’s free! All you need to do is fill in the short membership form (see the link a little further down) and return it to us.
• Be part of a community of local voluntary and community groups. This way we can join up, learn about and from each other and have a stronger collective voice.
• Member benefits. Our affiliates benefit from reduced rates on some of our training courses, and special member rates for other services such as meeting room hire and photocopying.
• Let people know what you do – and how to find you. All our affiliates (if they wish) are listed on Community Directory Derbyshire, the searchable online database of voluntary and community groups. It also helps us to respond to the many requests from local people for help and advice – if we don’t know about you, we can’t tell them about you.
CVS also offers all kinds of other services to local groups including training, funding advice, volunteer recruitment, payroll service, admin services and help and advice on any issue to do with running your voluntary groups. Our networks and forums give you the chance to meet and talk to similar groups and partners from other sectors. We have a regular ebulletin and use social media and our blog to share information such as grant/funding alerts, training and events, legal updates and job vacancies. We also welcome contributions from our members – the bulletin has a circulation list of around 500 people so it’s a great way to share your news, events and vacancies.
New for 2016 – The Community Fridge
The South Derbyshire CVS Community Fridge is a new project. We receive donations from businesses of food that would otherwise go to waste including:-
Fresh fruit and vegetables
Chilled and frozen food
Dairy products such as butter and cheese
Baked goods such as bread, rolls and cakes
Tinned, dried and packets of food such as baked beans, tinned veg (e.g. we have a lot of artichokes at the moment!) cereal, pasta and rice
We are building up a database of groups that could put donated food to good use, who we can contact when we get a delivery or offer of food.
The food must be used for community benefit and be not-for-profit.
All you will need to do is fill in a short registration form below and return it to us alongside the affiliation form. It is FREE – there is no charge to join.
Don’t miss out! Please return your completed affiliation form by the 7th November to Elspeth Frudd – email firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to South Derbyshire CVS, 46-48 Grove Street, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE11 9DD.
If you have any questions please call 01283 219761.
Click on the Affiliation and Community Fridge Registration Form link to download the form.
If you cannot open the above document, click here to open the document in compatibility mode which can be opened with earlier versions of Microsoft Word.
About South Derbyshire CVS
A local charity which has been working in South Derbyshire for over 20 years, we provide support to voluntary and community groups and to individuals in need across the district. Membership is free, and the support we offer to local charities and community groups includes:
• Training, including the Derbyshire Volunteer Passport (a free, accredited training course for people who volunteer with children and young people or with vulnerable adults in Derbyshire)
• Funding advice including a number of small grants that we administer, search for larger grants on the Trustfunding database or support with funding applications
• Support Services including a Payroll Service, photocopying, laminating; hire of projector, display boards and hearing loop
• Room hire in the centre of Swadlincote for training, meetings or 1:1 meetings
• Our Volunteer Centre can advertise your volunteer vacancies or support you to develop volunteering in your group – we also have a regular Volunteer Organiser Forum for people who manage volunteers as part of their role
• Voluntary Sector Voice – bringing people from voluntary and community organisations to network, work together, share ideas and have a collective voice, and to make our views known to decision makers
• Information and support on any aspect of setting up and running a voluntary group or charity – governance, charity registration, developing policies, employing staff, managing money – if we don’t know the answer we will find out for you.
• We also have regular ebulletins covering a wide range of issues including funding opportunities, training, consultations, legal issues, policy updates and job vacancies